Work Order

22 March 2009

My somewhat charmed life has been turned upside down since last week! I had to wake up rather early to prepare myself, the house, and my husband's packed meal. I am babysitting my friend Fatima's children from Tuesdays to Fridays.

My "chikitings", Angelica (3yo) and Luke (3mos), are dropped off by their father at 6:30 AM and fetched by their mother at around 2:00 PM or sometimes earlier. The early mornings are quiet with their little snores. It gets shaken by Luke's thunder(ous) hungry roar at 9:30 AM, simultaneously my Akio wakes around this time too, and then Angelica the princess wakes up at 11:00AM.

The chaos starts at around 11:30 when I have to feed the two preschoolers their early lunch. Imagine the need to do anything that will make the two sit still and finish their food... all these while I try to put the little one to sleep after his second feeding. Once the baby boy blue is in deep slumber, I hurriedly gobble something called lunch hehehe!

I sometimes think I sound like a principal ready to chow down mischievous brats! I make them color and do some crafts, read, and play. But most often, after laughter and giggles come shrieking and whining. Ah, the joys of having kids! Bwehehehe!

Another challenge is their nap time! I have to be wonder woman to make them just sleep so I can have other things done. All they do is lie down and be still, no sleeping involved whatsoever. I can live with that as long as they are not making a mess and any noise. Then comes snacks hehehe!

I really have to catch up with my chores before the next feeding and burping and changing diapers. By 3:00 PM I am grouchy, grumpy, and sleepy... and I have Akio to myself. It has been an adjustment for him too. He's been very difficult and I have been very strict to him that he said to me "I am scared of you, Mama..." (this merits another corner, to tell you honestly I cried to my wits last night just because...)

All these hulabaloo, and as it settles I dance my way through the kitchen to prepare dinner at the same time discussing (working) about office/business related stuffs online. I need more than 24 hours now, perhaps three more bodies, and one gigantic brain to handle it.

I found myself dead tired on Friday with a splitting head(ache). On the other hand, I earn a decent amount for the week, my son has a playmate, and I get to see my friend often. Oh, did I mention we went shopping (groceries, that is) on Thursday night? What fun!


3 comments:

plain jin said...

di jud lalim magbantay og bata...kana pa jud na tulo na kabuok! hihi. kaya mo yan, mam. hinay2x lang. =)

Anonymous said...

Consider it practicuum to having more children!

Mommy Blogs said...

Jin, if you look at it in a different perspective. It's really so much fun!

Tita, yes kaya pala 3 kids! bwehehehe!